Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Ada Lovelace Day: Connie,Lisa,Anne,Sheryl,Ariella,Ruthy

I knew I'd have problems picking one woman even when I made the Ada Lovelace Day Pledge "I will publish a blog post on Tuesday 24th March about a woman in technology whom I admire".

So I'd like to dedicate a post to the wonderful women teachers who make up a large part of my PLN. Teachers who are, in the words of Cathy Schrock, "Digital Pioneers",

"constantly looking for new and old technologies that will support teaching
and learning in a meaningful way ... they always share their findings with
others."

There are a few names that stand out in my mind as particularly fitting the above description. A visit to their blogs will do justice to their work more than anything I could write.

Connie Weber, Lisa Parisi , Anne Mirtschin, Sheryl A. McCoy

Of course I can't finish this post without mentioning fellow countrymates Ariella Levenberg, and Ruthy Ben Yishai

While it's officially 25th of March in my timezone, I do hope that it's still the 24th somewhere else...

5 comments:

Connie Weber said...

thank you so much... honored to be in the mix with such distinguished company! let's keep increasing the ways we all are linked together. isn't it great to have a professional learning community?

Lisa Parisi said...

Thank you so much. I am honored.

murcha said...

Susan, I saw this link to my blog and came to investigate it and I am just so honoured to be on your list. When I saw it was you, I went back in and double checked the link. When I joined classroom2.0, I was just so much in awe of what you had done and I still am and I count it one of my blessings that you were one of my first 2.0friends. You are so amazing with your work in technology and in helping your folks by translating to Hebrew. Those first connections I made which includes you, have taken me on the most amazing journey as it has for you too. I love reading what you do and wish that I had your logical, technological mind. We can change the world and make it a better place and give our students the most empowered learning possible with our connectedness. Hope to still meet you one day face to face. Thank you again so, so much.

samccoy said...

Susan, thanks for including me in this blog posting, although, in my opinion, you have guided me far more than I might have influenced anyone. As I interacted with you, I've enjoyed learning about topics related to technology, language, translation and other cultures.

Antônio Araújo said...

Amazing... God bless you!